We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to ensure we meet our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) 2018 and the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
WHO ARE WE?
The following policy is issued by Big Furniture Superstore(Big Pine Ltd.) referred to as “Big Furniture Superstore”. Big Pine Ltd is a private limited company, registered in England (company no. 3395458) with its registered office at 47-49 Exeter Street, Plymouth,Decvon PL4 0AH
For the purpose of the GDPR 2018, the data controller is Classic and our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
Store Manager, Big Furniture Superstore, 47-49 Exeter Street, Plymouth, Devon PL4 0AH
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, and username.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes your internet protocol (IP) address. We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve our site further. We may also analyse which marketing activity led you to our website and resulting actions.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
WHERE DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We may collect and process personal data from you as follows:
- Directly from yourself when you complete a form, use our website, or send us correspondence by email, letter or telephone. This includes data when you:
- Purchase products
- Subscribe to our marketing
- Participate in a survey
- Provide feedback on a service or experience
- CCTV. We operate a number of CCTV cameras across our premises.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will use your data in the following ways:
- To meet our contractual obligations to you when you purchase products. This includes communicating with you about your purchase both before and after delivery.
- To update you on any products or events linked to (or similar to) your past purchases, as well as products or events you have expressed an interest in.
- To send, with your consent, marketing communications regarding Big Pine Ltd products and services.
- To notify you of the results of any competitions you have entered with us.
- To carry out market research after your purchase.
- To respond to any correspondence, you send to us.
- To communicate with media in relation to our PR processes.
We will only send you marketing communications with your consent. You may update your preferences or unsubscribe by following the links on any marketing message sent to you or unsubscribing to marketing on the home page of our website at any time.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH, AND WHY?
Please be assured that we will never sell your data to third party organisations. The nature of our business means that we work with carefully selected suppliers for services required to facilitate online purchases and staging of events. We may need to share your personal data with these third parties in relation to fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. They are obliged to keep your details securely and to only use them in relation to the service they provide to us. When they no longer need the data for the service, they will dispose of the details.
Service Provider Magento.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Big Furniture Superstore, 47-49 Exeter Street , Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0AH.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You sesssion ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We understand the concerns you may have about giving your personal details over the internet so we are rigorous about our security procedures. We use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information including the encryption of payment details using SSL technology. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our websites.
Please be aware however that the internet is not a 100% secure medium of communication. We cannot therefore guarantee the security of any information you input on the website or send to us on the internet.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under the data protection laws, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of them in relation to the personal data we hold about you, please contact
Store Manager, Big Furniture Superstore, 47-49 Exeter Street, Plymouth, Devon PL4 0AH
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – where relevant you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding our data processing approach in relation to your own personal data, please contact email@example.com in the first instance. Your communication will be acknowledged and then responded to within 1 month.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For information on how to contact them, visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our data protection notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in March 2021. We may revise this policy at any time.